I FINISHED!!!!!!!! I am so so so so so happy! I know that there is a lot of work still to be done to my newest book, but the first draft is finished. The heart of the story complete, and I am so thankful! I wrote THE END, and I could not be happier! I might go do a happy dance haha. I think I've said happy at least ten times in one paragraph ahaha. 

I have really tried to finish it all up in the last few weeks, and it has been hard work, no joke. I would stare at my computer screen and literally be drained, wanting to finish up, and not knowing what else to write.

This book is my favorite so far, and I loved everything about it. It's fun to look at your writing now from what it used to be even a year ago. I've grown so much in my writing, and I know I have a long way yet to go. I fell in love with each character in this book and enjoyed bringing them to life. I am kind of sad to say goodbye for now. It was definitely a journey!

I will be giving myself about a week's break before I touch on it again and try to fix the many, many mistakes haha! Which means I get a whole entire week to read to my heart's content- it has been way too long in waiting!! I have some good books lined up that I am excited to stay up late and read away! :)

After my week break, it is time to start preparing for the conference coming up in September. To say I am excited is an understatement! I literally can not wait, and I think I am more excited about going than I was last year. I will go back and freshen up my first book and make sure this book is well polished before we head to Nashville! I am trusting God with the rest!

I haven't written a blog post on here in quite some time as I have been trying to finish up a book, and the stress of life took up the rest of my time. But, I will try to do better and write on here more. If not for you, definitely for me.

Writing a book can be hard, but through perseverance and prayer, I was able to make it through.  I love the finished product. I wish I could say I was sending it off to publishers, but sadly I am not. And, that's okay! I am learning to trust God and the process, doing what I know I am called to do, and leaving the rest in God's hands. I am resting upon his promises and trying to be faithful in every season, with every word I write.

Thank you all for your love and prayers! This may be 'The End' to a story, but it is just the beginning of my journey. I can't wait to fill you all in on what I learn at the conference and my time there, but if you will excuse me for now, I have some reading to catch up on. ;)

~Madison Suzanne 

Comments

  1. I’ am so excited for you!!! Can’t wait to read your book! I will continue praying for you and your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment