Oh my goodness, I never thought I would get here, with 128,000 words it seemed so far away. Over the past month, I have made myself work hard to finish editing by the end of January, and I am happy to say as of two days ago I finished. 

Before I continue, I must confess something...I only made it to 100,000 words, not 90,000 like I had intended. But, after much thought and consideration, I don't see anything else I can take out. I hope whoever goes through my book will see something and can help me in that area to knock out the next 10,000 words. 

There is just something about working so hard for something and seeing it completed. I started writing this book the beginning of last year and what a journey it has been. So much prayer, sacrifices, and time went into this story, and I can't help but feel oh so thankful. 

I am more than ready to move on to the next step and can't wait to see what the future holds for this story. What is the next step you may ask? Well...I can't share that information yet but know that its big and I can't wait to tell you!

More good news is the fact that I am free to write and research my next book and spend the time on it that it needs. Okay, one of my most favorite things about writing is writing the first page of the story and coming up with a title. I don't have a title of my newest book yet, but I like where it is headed. 

I have to clean up my Synopsis, but other than that I will be saying goodbye to my first book for a little while, and it is bittersweet. I feel like the characters are some of my closest friends and now I must say goodbye and create a new set of characters, a new story plot. 

I have contemplated not doing this for numerous reasons... 

1. It may never get published 

2. My book title could change 

3. My story plot might even change 

4. My character's name could change

But, despite all of that,  I have decided to give a little sneak peek into what my book is about and what I have worked so hard on for the past year...


(This is NOT the cover. Just something I played around with.) 

An outspoken young lady who does not quite live up to her small town's expectations, Josephine Black is determined to find her life's purpose. After being forced to become a fill-in teacher, an unfortunate encounter behind a barn, and standing up for a friend ends up backfiring, Jo is certain her life is full of miserable disasters. 

An opportunity arises that is filled with the promise of fulfilling her purpose, so she jumps on the job, not knowing that it would change her forever. 

When an unforeseen tragedy strikes and the lies from the townsfolk could ruin her, will Jo choose to trust the God whom she is convinced is out to hurt her? Will spite from the town's bitter young widower blossom into something entirely different? Through hardships and misunderstandings and a path she never expected, will she discover that her purpose is not a title to be given but a life to live? 



Thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement! I am looking forward to what God has in store!!

~Madison Suzanne   


Comments

  1. Love it! Amazingly written! I am so excited for you and your journey. Will continue to pray that the Lord will guide & protect your hearts desire. Trust the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title! ❤️ Hope I get to read it someday. So proud of you Madison!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment